Tuesday 9 April 2013

The Dark Destroyer digs indiscriminately...



If you want to grow these ...



and you have one of these ...




Don't turn your back for a second because he will do this ...




... IN THE NEW BED YOU ARE MAKING IN THE GREENHOUSE !!

Gus, aka 'The Dark Destroyer', is a lovely but, shall I say challenging boy who loves digging better than anything else in the world.

 We were in the middle of making this bed in our new greenhouse, in preparation for planting out tomatoes later in the season. We had just added barrowloads of lovely manure, when we turned our attention to something else for a nano-second and in a flash, he was in there, digging for England !

Needless to say, Ruby, the Border Collie wouldn't know how to dig, even if you handed her a spade .


He is such a handsome boy, though, I can forgive him most things , especially when he looks like this  ...





10 comments:

  1. One time I planted some blueberry bushes. Later on I saw my dog dancing around the yard, tossing a stick and a root ball around. All of my new bushes were destroyed and none revived.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Eddie, good job we love them ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. He does not look ashamed either! More like 'what's all the fuss about.... I was just trying to help!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashamed, Jo ! He doesn't know the meaning of the word ! Pleased with himself, that's what !

    ReplyDelete
  5. But he is helping...... perhaps not quite how you would like, but 10 points for helping.... My cat who is the Director in her chair never lifts a paw, well except to dig a hole for her toilet and smoother my seedlings... that is why I have alot of sticks in the garden to keep her big bum off the garden.

    I agree with Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like the sound of the Director ! Gus is usually known as 'The Dark Destroyer' and the dogs are collectively known as 'The Ungardeners'!

      Delete
  6. Oh no! What do we do with our challenging kids on 4 legs? But he does look adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure he practices that look in the mirror when I'm out !

    ReplyDelete
  8. He gets 10 out of 10 for effort - that's for sure!! I've recently lost my dog - he was no bother in the garden but I think one of my cats must be related to Gus!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Angie, sorry to hear about the loss of your dog. It is so tough . Gus does have more in common with cats than with other dogs !

    ReplyDelete

All Gardening Sites